International students must secure a Student Visa (A-2) before arrival in Israel. This multiple-entry visa will allow you to enter and leave Israel for one year without needing to secure a new visa.

You must appear in person at the nearest Israeli embassy or consulate to apply for a student visa, and bring these documents with you:

  • Passport valid for two years
  • Letter of acceptance from Tel Aviv University
  • Duplicate copies of the visa application form with passport-size photograph affixed to each application (form available from Israeli embassy or consulate)
  • Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses

If you are a returning Israeli citizen or child of a parent with Israeli citizenship, please contact your nearest Israeli embassy or consulate to clarify your legal status in advance of entering the country.

Please be aware that the student visa does not allow you to work while you are in Israel. 

NOTE: Student Visa's are to be obtained directly with the relevant embassy or consulate, and not via the International LL.M. Program office. Any aditional confirmations of enrollment or participation details may be obtained by the LL.M. Admin.